It’s a widely known fact that after any holiday season, festival or getaway, each and every one of us is susceptible to experiencing the blues – and the January blues are one of the worst offenders. After months of parties, dressing up, fireworks, presents and yet more parties, January hits you hard as a long month of nights in, eating healthy and feeling lethargic. The worst part, however, is the realisation that you don’t have another bank holiday until Easter, and have a ton of work to catch up on!
Never fear, though, as Printware is here with some handy tips for beating those January blues in the office – and that’s something to smile about!
- Do things that make you smile! Even if it is only for a minute, focus on the good things in your life and be thankful for all you have
- Give yourself something to look forward to – start planning your holidays!
- Set goals and targets to keep you focused on something until holiday season comes around; always wanted to learn a language? Make 2016 your year to achieve it
- You could print some of your favourite photos and motivational quotes to have around the office or on your desk; this will help you smile more, too
- Move around more; exercise is good for the mind as well as the body, and when the end of January arrives, you’ll be thankful for it
- Do something for others, at least once a day. This will make you feel ten times better than if you were just doing it for yourself
- Do something for yourself, too. Take some time to relax and rest in between helping others, exercising and learning a new language!
- Learn a new skill; you could take five minutes of your day, utilise the printer for printing some origami patterns and get folding!
Whatever you do to beat the blues, be sure to go into January with a positive outlook, and you might not even succumb to the annual slump. Kick start your year and your morale and make January a productive one; you will thank us for it later, and your boss will appreciate it, too.
For all your business printer, consumables and office related needs, visit our website or contact us for more information – you never know what will motivate you to grab 2016 by the horns, for all its worth!