No matter how hard we try, there will always be something unexpected cropping up in our schedules that throws us off track, makes us later than intended or causes a whole new set of problems, which further delays making progress. In any office, up, down and around the country, there will be at least a handful of people who struggle with time management.
If struggling with the office printer, spilling your coffee or forgetting those all important documents for your meeting sounds familiar, then Printware are here to help.
- Get to grips with your schedule. Knowing how much of your time is spent on projects, emails or general office admin is a good indicator as to how much of your time needs to be allocated to certain tasks moving forward. This is an excellent way of understanding the parts of your day that are least productive and how you can improve your time management and efficiency without it
- Plan any necessary calls or emails to ensure that you don’t miss any vital information out. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, after all, so take a few moments to ensure you don’t waste a lot longer down the line figuring out where it all went wrong
- Print out and make use of a helpful daily planner – not only will this save you money on expensive calendars and diaries, but you can print them off as and when necessary, ensuring you don’t waste time trying to find the right page, etc. Planning your day helps you prioritise tasks to ensure what needs to be done, gets done
- Set yourself time limits with tasks. Without restrictions, some tasks can often drag on and on needlessly, so by imposing a time limit, you are forcing yourself to work more efficiently and productively
- Address difficult and time-consuming tasks first and make this your priority every day. This not only reduces pressure of trying to get the job done before you clock off, but it also means there is less to stress about later on in your day
By incorporating the above hints and tips into your daily routine, you will find work a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable in the long run. You may even find yourself with a few minutes spare to catch up with colleagues at the office printer in between tasks, and you may just find you are more productive because of this!
Improving efficiency in the office is vital to how many of today’s businesses run, but also important is ensuring that the office is run well. You can do this by buying your office printers, consumables and other vital technology from Printware.
Please have a look at the service we provide and contact us if you would like to find out more about our range of products.