Printware Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
using the Website which is operated by Printware Limited (registered number 2440348),
whose place of business is Ameiva Court, Quartremaine Road, Portsmouth, Hants PO3 5QP.
You should read these terms and conditions before placing an order, and by placing an
order you will be deemed to have accepted them and to be bound by them when you use the
Website, whether or not you have read them. The Website records the date on which you
place an order and signifies such acceptance of these terms and shall be conclusive
evidence of the same.
- "Customer" means the party identified as the Customer in this Agreement to whom
Printware Limited may agree to supply Products in accordance with these terms
- "Euro compliant" means the ability of the Product to comply with all requirements
applicable to the introduction of the Euro into the United Kingdom, including, but
without limitation, conversion and rounding facilities.
- "Printware" means Printware Ltd, Ameiva Court, Quartremaine Road, Portsmouth,
Hants PO3 5QP or any subsidiary or associated company.
- "Products" means goods or services including but not limited to computer hardware
and software items to be provided by PRINTWARE to the Customer in accordance with
these terms and conditions.
- "Third Party Software" means all software owned by or licensed to the Customer
from a third party owner (whether or not supplied by PRINTWARE) and which comprises
part of the Products.
- "Working days" means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other public holidays.
- All contracts of sale made by PRINTWARE shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and
conditions, which shall prevail over any other terms from the party ("the Customer") with
whom PRINTWARE is dealing.
- All orders are subject to availability and confirmation by PRINTWARE. Cancellation of
orders by the Customer following receipt of such confirmation is not possible as many orders
will be forwarded for despatch on the same day the order is placed.
- We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose. Specifications are
intended as a guideline only and you should check specifications and suitability with
manufacturers before ordering.
- Any time or date stated for the delivery of Products is an estimate only. PRINTWARE
makes every effort to supply Products on time but does not accept liability for failure
to deliver within the stated time.
- PRINTWARE does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the
Customer notifies us in writing within three working days of receipt.
- Delivery of the Products is deemed to take place when the Products are delivered to
the Customer's nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage
shall pass to the Customer.
- If the Customer does not accept delivery, PRINTWARE may at its option (a) store and
insure the Products at the Customer's expense and risk or (b) sell the Products at the
best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and
selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer
for any shortfall.
- Products, together with VAT, are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of order.
- All quoted or listed prices are based on the cost to PRINTWARE of supplying the
Products to the Customer. If before delivery of the Products there occurs any increase
in any way of such costs in respect of Products which have not yet been delivered, the
price payable may be subject to amendment without notice and at PRINTWARE's discretion.
5. Errors & Omissions
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur.
If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon
as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or
cancelling it. If we are unable to to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Payment is due 30 days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- If payment is not made on time, PRINTWARE may charge interest daily on the outstanding
balance at 4% above National Westminster Bank base lending rate.
- Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full
- Until such time as the title in the Products passes to the Customer, the Customer shall
hold the Products as PRINTWARE's fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Products
properly stored, protected and insured and identified as PRINTWARE's property.
- Until such time as the title in the Products passes to the Customer (and provided the
Products are still in existence and have not been resold), PRINTWARE shall be entitled at
any time to require the Products to be delivered to PRINTWARE and, if the Customer fails
to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Customer or any third party where
the Products are stored and repossess the Products.
- The Customer's right to use such Products shall immediately cease if an Administrative
Receiver is appointed over all or any part of its assets or if it adjudicated bankrupt or
enters into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntary, or if the Customer makes an
arrangement with its creditors, or generally becomes unable to pay its debts within the
meaning of Section 123 Insolvency Act 1986 as from time to time amended,
extended or re-enacted.
- On termination of the Customer's right to use the Products the Customer will immediately
hold the Products to the order of PRINTWARE.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for
any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of PRINTWARE, but if the Customer
does so, all monies owing by the Customer to PRINTWARE shall (without prejudice to any other
right or remedy of PRINTWARE) forthwith become due and payable.
- PRINTWARE reserves the right to cease supplies of Products to the Customer at any time.
On such cessation of supplies, PRINTWARE reserves the right to withdraw any credit facility
such that the whole of the Customer's account becomes due for payment forthwith.
7. Product Specifications
- PRINTWARE makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to
vary actual dimensions, specifications and quantities without prior notice where necessary.
- PRINTWARE will not be liable in respect of any loss or damage caused by or resulting from
any variation for whatsoever reason in the manufacturer's specifications or technical data
or caused by or resulting from any Third Party Software and will not be responsible for
any loss or damage resulting from curtailment or cessation of supply following
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Products are supplied in accordance with the
manufacturer's standard specifications as these may be improved, substituted or modified.
PRINTWARE reserves the right to increase its quoted or listed price, or to charge
accordingly in respect of any orders accepted for Products of non-standard specifications.
8. Proprietary Rights in Software Products
- The Customer hereby acknowledges that it is its sole responsibility to comply with any
terms and conditions of any licence attaching to Third Party Software supplied and delivered
by PRINTWARE. The Customer is hereby notified that failure to comply with such terms and
conditions could result in the Customer being refused a software licence or having the same
revoked by the proprietary owner. The Customer further agrees to indemnify PRINTWARE in
respect of any costs, charges or expenses incurred by PRINTWARE at the suit of a Third Party
Software owner as a result of any breach by the Customer of such conditions.
- No title or ownership of [software] Products or any Third Party Software licensed to the
customer under this agreement is transferred to the Customer under any circumstances.
9. Trade names and Trade Marks
- Trade names and marks (other than PRINTWARE's) are not restricted to indications of
manufacturers but may also be indicative of general use systems and machines associated
with such products. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as granting
the Customer any right or licence under any intellectual property right of PRINTWARE
(including any rights PRINTWARE may have in any patents, copyrights, trademarks, service
marks or any trade secrets), by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
We believe that you will be delighted with your order but there may be occasions where you
feel it necessary to return an item. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
No returns will be accepted or processed without a Return Materials Authorisation (RMA) number
being issued by Printware Ltd. Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Customers are responsible
for verifying suitability and compatibility of goods BEFORE purchasing.
Your statutory rights under the “The Sale of Goods Act 1979” (including amendments)
are fully supported by Printware Ltd. The “Consumer Protection (Distance Selling)
Regulations 2000” do not apply to business purchases.
If you are a business customer, you may return any unopened goods, in original condition,
which can be sold again “as new”, within 14 days after the day of receipt of the goods. Customers
are responsible for the delivery costs of returning the goods. Please email our Customer Care
department email@example.com to arrange
a return. You will be refunded in full (except for delivery charges) once the goods have been
received and confirmed “as new”. You will be liable for all administrative costs associated
with the return of the goods, and this may well constitute a restocking fee which you will be advised
of when arranging your return. Returns must be adequately packed and the RMA number clearly displayed
without marking the original packaging.
We do not accept returns after 14 days from the day of receipt of goods, or on goods which have
been opened and cannot be sold again "as new."
Faulty Goods within 30 days
If there is a fault with your product you may return the product within 30 days of delivery for
repair, replacement or refund. Please email our Customer Care department
to arrange a return.
Goods must be received by Printware within 14 days of the RMA number being issued. Printware
will not be held liable for goods lost or damaged in transit. Customers are responsible for the
delivery costs of returning goods. Any return found not to be defective or with faults caused by
accident, neglect or misuse will incur a return freight charge.
When an item is to be replaced or refunded the goods must be in original packaging, and with
all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards and all other accessories
and documentation provided by the manufacturer. Goods must be adequately packed and the RMA number
clearly displayed without marking the original packaging. Our promise to replace products or
refund your money does not apply to faulty goods where the fault has been caused by accident,
neglect or misuse.
Faulty Goods more than 30 days
All products carry a twelve-month manufacturers warranty (excluding consumable products e.g.,
toners and ink cartridges). Once your product is more than 30 days old (but within the
manufacturers warranty) we will, in conjunction with the manufacturer, repair or replace it
free of charge. It is solely at the discretion of Printware Limited as to whether a repair or
replacement is provided. Please email our Customer Care department
stating the reason for return, your order number, and request an RMA number.
This does not apply:
- To faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse.
- If you return the product to us without proof of purchase.
- To the best of PRINTWARE's knowledge, all Products supplied by PRINTWARE are warranted
to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. No Products are tested or sold as
being fit for any purpose or use under specific conditions unless expressly agreed
- If any part of the hardware Products should prove defective in materials or workmanship
under normal operation or service, such Products will be repaired or replaced only in
accordance with any warranty cover or terms as provided by the manufacturer of the Products.
PRINTWARE does not undertake repair or maintenance of Products and is not responsible for
the cost of labour or other expenses incurred in repairing or replacing defective or non
- This warranty shall not apply if the hardware Products have been worked upon, altered
or damaged in any way by the Customer or its employees or agents, or if it has not been used
in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. The failure of a Product to be Year 2000
complaint or Euro compliant does not constitute a defect in materials and workmanship.
- Printware warrants that the product will at the time of delivery correspond to the
description given by Printware except where the customer is dealing as a comsumer (as defined
in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 S.12) all other warranties, conditions or terms
relating to fitness for purpose, merchantability or condition of the product and whether
implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded.
- Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted
by law, no warranty, condition, undertaking or term expressed or implied is given or assumed
by either party and all such warranties, conditions, undertakings and terms are
- PRINTWARE shall not under any circumstances be liable in contract, tort (including
negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for:
1.1 any loss of direct or indirect profit or business, goodwill, contracts,
revenues, management time, wasted expenses, anticipated savings or loss of or damage to data
or arising from loss of data; or
1.2 any increased costs or expenses; or
1.3 any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever.
- PRINTWARE's liability in respect of breach of the terms of any order shall be limited
to the invoiced value of such order.
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit PRINTWARE's liability for death or personal
injury caused by its negligence.
- The provisions of this Clause 11 shall survive the expiry or termination of these
terms and conditions howsoever arising.
13. Health and Safety
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Consumer
Protection Act 1987, PRINTWARE confirms that to the best of its knowledge the Products
it supplies as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety when properly
used for the purpose for which they are designed, provided the Customer takes reasonable
and normal precautions in their use.
- If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall
be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability
of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute
a subsequent waiver of any such right, requirement or default. Any failure by a party to
exercise its rights or remedies under these terms and conditions shall not operate as a
waiver of such rights or remedies.
- PRINTWARE reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions, subject to providing
notice to the Customer, or by posting the amended terms upon the Website. By continued
access to and use of the Website, you agree to any such amendments to these terms and
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this
- Any notices given under this agreement shall be in writing and sent (a) by first class
pre-paid post to the last known address of the party or (b) by fax to their last known fax
number or (c) by electronic transmission to an email address specifically notified for that
purpose. The notice shall be deemed served (a) two working days after posting or (b) upon
receipt of a successful transmission report or (c) immediately upon transmission provided
that confirmation of receipt is received/a confirmatory copy is sent by first class
pre-paid post or delivered by hand by the end of the next business day.
- The provisions of The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 shall not apply
to this agreement.
- The relationship between the parties is one of independent contractors and nothing
contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as constituting or establishing
any partnership or joint venture between the parties.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to assign, delegate, transfer, sub-contract or
otherwise dispose of this agreement.
- Save with respect to fraudulent misrepresentation, these terms and conditions
constitute the entire agreement between the parties and replaces all previous written
or oral agreements to the extent they remain unperformed.
- PRINTWARE may collect personal information about visitors to the Website. Such use
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of
England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These Terms and Conditions do not affect consumers' statutory rights.
How do I cancel an order ?
In the event that you wish to cancel an order please email us at
or call our Customer Care Service team on:
FREE PHONE 0800 393 381
Please state the order reference number, located top right hand corner of invoice or if
its an online order this can be found in the order confirmation email.
What are the payment methods?
We accept Visa, Delta, Access and Maestro. We will charge your credit
card when your order is dispatched.
How do I know that my order has been placed?
The on-line store you placed the order with, will send you an order confirmation by email
once your order has been processed.
Who do I contact for more information regarding an order not yet placed?
In the first instance please contact the Customer Care Services Team on
FREE PHONE: 0800 393 381
What is your returns procedure?
Please complete the refunds and exchanges form on the back of the Dispatch Note supplied with
your delivery. Then return it with your Product(s) within 14 days for a full refund or exchange
as required. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INTERNET PURCHASES MUST BE RETURNED TO OUR MAIL-ORDER ADDRESS.
Sorry but we are unable to refund p&p or returns postage. Please obtain a 'Proof of
posting' certificate from your Post Office when returning goods as we cannot be held
responsible for parcels not recieved by us.
What is your complaints procedure?
Our policy is to deal with any problems experienced by our customers both quickly and fairly.
If you feel you have a complaint you wish to make please email us at
or call our Customer Care Service team on:
FREE PHONE 0800 393 381
What is the customer services telephone number?
FREE PHONE: 0800 393 381
How long/where will my order be delivered?
Most orders are sent within 48 hours of email confirmation (Mon - Fri), but please allow
3 working days for delivery to avoid disappointment. When items are out of stock, dispatch
may be slightly delayed. We will notify you of any delays by email. All items subject to
What delivery method do you use?
We use next working day couriers for the majority of our orders. Orders are normally
despatched within 24 hours (Mon - Fri).
We are only accepting UK orders at present.
What countries do you deliver to?
Only UK at present. We will extend our service in due course.
Tax & Duties
All prices shown include V.A.T (where applicable)
Duties - Any applicable duties for overseas orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
What if I have a question, but I don't want to order anything at the moment?
If you have any queries or comments, please email us at
We want to hear from you!
What do your warranties and guarantees cover?
1 year on-site warranties cover both parts and labour. This doesn't affect consumer(s)
Information collection and use
At Printware Ltd we aim to serve our customers and we respect their wish for privacy. Our
policy is to protect the privacy and confidentiality of our web visitors and site users.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the
Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice.
Printware Ltd undertakes not to disclose any information provided by you, whether it be
business or personal information, to any third party, without your consent. But in order for
us to process your orders and inquiries and give a better service, we do require to gather
certain information about you, always at your total discretion.
Our sites' registration forms require users to provide some contact information for the
purpose of getting in touch with customers when necessary or sending information about our
company, including special offers and news. We provide you with the option to withhold personal
information, which is not needed for the transaction.
Our users might choose to 'opt-in' for receiving promotional/marketing information from us.
Only in this case will we use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you
have told us you wish to take part in (ie receiving newsletters or other promotional material).
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from other traders
in the future.
Printware Ltd adheres to the DMA Code of Practice for Commercial Communications to Children
Online and does not knowingly collect personal date from children under 14 years of age. Orders
of goods or services are not accepted from children under 16, without first obtaining a parent
verifiable and explicit consent.
Internet Security Policy
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal
security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code. Printware Ltd is committed to
keeping secure any data you provide and will take reasonable precautions to protect your
personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration. We would also like to
assure you that any information provided by you will always be stored off-line and cannot
be interfered with.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- credit/debit card details, if applicable
Printware On-line Stores use encryption software with every order to guarantee that your credit
card information given over the internet is secure. We use technology called Secure Socket Layer
(SSL), this software scrambles your credit card number so it's impossible for anyone but the
intended recipient to read. We use industry standard Internet encryption with 128 bit SSL
software developed by RSA Data. We hold a digital certificate from Verisign (the most established
certification authority) which is compatible with Netscape and Microsoft browsers.
Payment details are entered on a secure server and your browser will automatically inform you
that encryption is being used. Furthermore, all data stored on the secure server is protected by
a firewall. This is used in combination with Protx. As soon as your information reaches us, our
own security system keeps your data stored safely.
We will never collect sensitive information about you such as health or ethnic origin, without
your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check
the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will
delete or correct it promptly. The personal information we collect will be held for as long as
it is needed for the purpose that it was collected. Your information will not be transferred
outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
What is a cookie?
Cookies are very small files containing unique pieces of information, which are stored on your computer and other devices that you use to visit websites. The cookies that we use are completely harmless to your computer and we never store sensitive data like credit card details, passwords and addresses etc in cookies.
Cookies serve many functions but in general cookies are necessary on e-commerce sites like ours to keep the contents of your shopping basket intact as you navigate around the website and to help us identify any errors or poor performance of the site so that we can address them as soon as possible.
What cookies do we use?
1. Essential cookies
Some cookies are necessary for the correct operation of a website. They enable the contents of your basket to stay with you as you browse the site and also to keep you logged in as you proceed through the checkout without you having to continually enter your details. Without them, users would not even be able to sign in. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Printware's Essential Cookies look like this:
2. Performance Cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how you use the website such as which pages you look at and if you experience any errors. We use these cookies to help us improve how the website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. The performance cookies that we use are issued as part of services provided by selected third parties, such as Google Analytics, and they may also gather information for their own tracking purposes.
Performance Cookies on Printware look like this:
How to disable Cookies
If you do disable cookies you will find that the Printware website will not work very well and you will not be able to place an order or login to your account.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
1. Click on the 'wrench' icon on the browser (usually found top-right corner) to open the tools menu
2. From the tools menu select 'Options'
3. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab from the menu on the left.
4. In the 'Privacy' section, select the 'Content settings' button
5. To enable cookies: select 'Allow local data to be set' option
6. To disable cookies: select 'Block all cookies' option
7. Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
2. In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
3. To enable cookies: Set the slider to 'Medium' or below
4. To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
5. Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer.
1. Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select 'Options'
2. Select the Privacy panel
3. To enable cookies: Check 'Accept cookies for sites'
4. To disable cookies: Uncheck at 'Accept cookies for sites'
5. Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox.
1. Click on 'Setting' at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
2. Select 'Quick Preferences'
3. To enable cookies: check 'Enable Cookies'
4. To disable cookies: uncheck 'Enable Cookies'
5. Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera.
Safari on OSX
1. Click on 'Safari' in the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security'
3. To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
4. To disable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Never'
5. Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari.
All other browsers
Please refer to your browser Help function.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any further questions about our Privacy or Security policies or if you feel that
Printware Ltd is not abiding by its privacy statement, please contact us via
- Printware Limited
- Ameiva Court
- Quartremaine Road
- PO3 5QP
Registered in England
Back to top